Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Latest Update*

There are two new features and one bug fix with the current update:

The fix ended up being a minor one,  I was getting the state of the ringer when the device was added to the dock, but not restoring it when the device was removed from the docked.  So, if the phone was silent when it entered the dock, I would set the ringer state to 'normal'.  Not a catastrophe, but an annoyance.

The first new feature is for all users.  The last update I put in the first feature request from Martina for a one minute background update.  Her next request was for an alternate text color as some of her images are of snow and the white text for those images were being lost.  I did a little research and came up with a way to get the average pixel color and if it's whiter than the threshold level then it will use the alternate color (black by default).    You can set a custom alternate color and this is only in effect when the backgrounds are rotating.

The second new feature is for the scrolling dock to launch an app when un-docked.  When my Moto Droid gets retired from every day use (which will hopefully be soon), its next job is going to be a WiFi remote control for my Media PC which is running XBMC.  The idea is that the phone will run Desk Clock Plus and keep charged in the dock.  When it's time to kick back and relax with some TV, grab the phone from the dock and have it jump straight into the Official XBMC Remote.  I'm sure there's other uses, but that's what I have in mind for me.

Next up... tablet dock mode...

*  I try to be cleaver with the most post titles, but my brain is on fried from work and I couldn't come up with anything.  Possibilities included:

  • Steven King's Dark Tower as this is version number 19.
  • Along that line make a reference to this guy.  HWTL!
  • Or a reference to leap year.


No comments:

Post a Comment