Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hello World!

I've decided to put a blog together to keep a log of changes / enhancements for my Launch Bar widgets that I've been working on for the past month or so. Hopefully, I'll also be able to get some information and feed back people who have downloaded the free version or bought the pro version.

Here's what's happened so far:
  • v1.0 -- Initially released June 13 / 14
  • v1.1 -- Increased the size of the buttons. For some reason the icon size was different on two different Motorola Droids
  • v1.2 -- Added Icon size slider to the configuration window
  • v1.3 -- Cleaned up the GUI and other misc cosmetic enhancements
  • v1.4 -- Re-sized the Icons when the phone is in landscape mode. Small note about this, there could be a 5 to 10 second lag this is due to how I'm checking the orientation of the phone. I'm sure there is a better way to do this I just haven't looked into it yet.
  • v1.5 -- Internal change of how how I'm was doing things. I realized after someone posted a comment in German that the free app didn't work. I believe this was due to how I was looking up the applications.
Just some quick stats according to Google:
  • Launch Bar: 536 downloads
  • Launch Bar Pro: 66 downloads
It's a bit over whelming to me that so many people have downloaded my apps with out any kind of publicity (although I'm pretty sure it showed up as a "just in" application after the 1.4 update).

For everyone that's downloaded and tried out my application, Thank You!

What's next? Probably going to look into adding a direct dial contact(s) to selection lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment