Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Update Bomb

I've been rather busy with all three of my projects lately... I was finally able to get everything done and taken care of and I just got done pushing updates to all of them.  But first a little rant...

I personally am very happy with my version of the Desk Clock.  It works very well for me on my original Droid.  It works well, on the Droid 2 and on the HTC incredible (according to my cousin and sister).  I've also have a co-worker using it on his Droid X.  However there are some people who are still having issues with it force closing on start.  That sucks.  I want my software to work for everyone.  The problem is the phones that they say that it doesn't work for... I don't have access to.  Beyond that, I can't say if this is some specific to the phone or the user or a combo of the two.  Additionally, If you going to bitch about it not working, HELP ME, HELP YOU!.  Fill out the Force Close Report!!!  I'll get a stack trace that should help me figure out what the problem is.  I guarantee that it will take less time than going back to the market and complaining there...

I feel a little better... sorry about that.

Desk Clock Pro: I changed how I get the "default background" and I suspect that was the cause of some of the problems or at least I can guess cause nobody fills out the Force Close Report (sorry about that)... The added bonus is that now the Live Wall papers will show through which is pretty cool.  It turns out that I was doing too much work and in most cases if your doing too much work then your doing it wrong.

I still don't know what the problem is with some people and the music button.  It tries to find the default first and then if it can't it should display a list to choose from.  I'm planning on putting an option in the settings for the user to choose which one they want to use.  I'm hoping that speeds things up a little and reduces some of the problems (or at least helps me find the source of the problem.

Launch Bar Pro:  I've learned a lot since I started programming for the Android OS six months ago.  Some of that has been slowly working it's way into the Launch Bar.  I was able to reduce the amount of work it was doing and therefore made the loading and scrolling features a lot faster.

Launch Bar:  The big thing that I'm excited about is that you can now unlock the Pro version from the basic version buy purchasing it though PayPal for $1 USD.  What's nice is that if you are running both versions, you can unlock the free version and basically be running two different Pro widgets!

I don't think I'm going to get rich off of any of my applications, but any extra scratch helps at the end of the month!

Looking forward, I 'm probably going to change out the weather icons for the Clock in the near future.  I talked about a menu option of the musing and I think I'm going to get picasa support for the slide show / backgrounds.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment