Friday, May 8, 2015

Fixed!

So, I found the problem with the in app purchasing not verifying (the payload)... and it turns out that:
string1 == string2
would return false (even though they were the same string) but,
string1.equals(string2) == true
would work as expected.  Now, this is something very small and trivial and something that I potentially should have realized a lot faster.  The problem is that (for right now) I don't do java development and that's just how things work in java.  My 9-5 job is slowly (and I do mean SLOWLY) starting to move into the world of web development using angular and java script and at that point comparing two string values using .equals will become trivial, but for now the .NET developer that I am expects the == to work the same way.

As usual, when I end one of these posts, I'll mention what the future holds for Desk Clock Plus.  As usual, I'll say that I'm not sure.  It is one of those things that I want to get back to and do a proper re-write.  However, over the past two years or so, I've started working more with a non-profit museum that I've belonged to for most of my life.  I'll be starting on a fairly large project that will need to be completed by October(ish).  While that seems like a long time, remember that I'll be working on it less than an hour a day.  After that, who knows...

But the one thing I do want to do is thank everyone who has downloaded Desk Clock Plus and a big thank you to the people who threw a dollar at me for the extension.  I never though that it would ever have been downloaded over 50,000 times and still have 9-10,000 installs.

Bob