Friday, December 9, 2011

Two Quick Updates

So version 1.0.0.5 was pushed to the market yesterday and 1.0.0.6 a little while ago.  Not too much new with these, mostly minor bug fixes based upon emails and the force close reports that Google gives me.  Here's the details of what's fixed:

  • Slide Show - There looks to have been a slight timing error with the loading of the images and the slide show starting that would cause to hang and the "Loading.  Please wait..." dialog.  Some code rearrangement, additional checks and more messages should give a better user interface experience and fix the problem.
  • Purchase Service FC - This might account for some of the "random force closes".  Looking at the logs, the purchase service apparently doesn't always receive an intent when it's started.  It then causes a Force Close.  I find this odd as this is Google code that I'm sure other people are using and I don't know why the bug is in the example.  I simply and checking and catching the parsing of the intent.  Hopefully I stop getting error logs about this.
  • Screen Saver - The timer wasn't being set when the application was loaded.  It was only started if you left the main screen (opened the preferences for example) and came back.
  • Weather Display - I fixed a minor display bug that was happening on some devices.
  • Location - I've got a couple users who are have location issues.  I previously tried to fix it with some additional permissions, but that still doesn't seem to be fixing it.  So there's a new option in the Weather settings screen for "Location Error Messages".  This will display toast messages when it tries and fails to get your location based on what ever service.  Hopefully this will help me figure out how to fix the problem(s).  I may also be having problems with the "Use IP address" feature and I need to email someone about that.
I think that takes care of all the things that are broken from the major changes that happened going to the version 1.0 release.  So hopefully this will mean less updates and will allow me to work on additional new development instead of the "fire fighting" fixing issues.

3 comments:

  1. Not sure when you implemented it but i see the clock now has circular dots in the colon between the hours and the minutes, looks good :)

    also it might just be my imagination, but the clock looks a bit bigger now too? also looks good.. i think it could be even bigger actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added the fade in and out after you mentioned a little while ago I don't know if that adjusted the colon or not.

    I haven't done anything with the clock(s) at all. There was a minor GUI fix with the weather to make sure that everything fit on a Galaxy S Phone. Apparently, my old Droid 1 is 55 pixels taller than Galaxy S... So, maybe it's an optical illusion that things look bigger as they are probably a little closer together now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah i remember the fading fix, and my colons were definitely square when you made that fix. so i guess the only other thing that has changed is my ROM.. it must set a different default font or something?

    which might explain my thinking the size of the clock has changed.

    ReplyDelete